
This post is especially for Andrea - our wonderful Early Intervention/Play Therapist person! Just so she knows I haven't completely lost the plot and drowned in doom and gloom!
It is subtitled "10 wonderful and beautiful things about Jasper".
1. Jasper gives the absolute best cuddles in the whole entire world. We love to lie with Jasper when he wakes early, in our bed, and enjoy some really lovely cuddles and kisses before we start our hectic day. Just this very morning I lay in bed with Jasper having a really lovely cuddle. I said "I love you Jasper"...then I said "I love you mum"......to which Jasper replied "I love you Mummy"!!! We lay quietly in bed listening to the birds singing and Jasper said "What's that noise" then answered "Magpies I think". I really, really love this kind of start to the day!!
2. I really love Jaspers crazy toes, all bunched together with his second toe sticking up above the others! So feral yet so cute!! I often massage his toes telling him "I love Jaspers toes". Jasper hates anything touching his feet and keeps his toes so tightly bunched up together. I could spend all day kissing his gorgeous (yet feral) feet!!
3. I love it when I get to creche to pick Jasper up after a long and busy day, and he is always so excited to see me, and so happy! I just know he has had a fantastic time - and lately he is settling so beautifully at creche. He runs in to get his bag while I sign the book and he comes out of the bathroom saying "kids all gone" (being that we are usually amongst the last to leave)! His carers, especially Toby Lea, are so wonderful with him....and I am so thankful for that. They always have something really positive to say about his day!
4. Tonight Jasper and I lay watching the football on tv. He loves watching any sort of sport on tv. I tried to familiarise him with the wonderfully gorgeous "Richo"....everytime he got the ball I grabbed Jaspers arm to shake in the air and shout "Richooooo....woo woo woo"!!! He thought this was so funny!!! When he is outside kicking a ball around he often shouts out "Go Richo'!!! That's my boy!!!
5. Jasper just adores his three big brothers (pictured with him above) - he asks after them constantly - and they absolutely adore him too! I LOVE watching my boys all interacting together! Jordy is the worlds greatest big brother, he does so much for Jasper and Jasper absolutely adores him. I think Jasper annoys Jordy the most but I also think that Jordy understands Jasper the best (Jordy has Asperger Syndrome). I really think they would be lost without each other. Jasper LOVES his Brayden and constantly talks about him. He loves taking train trips to visit Brayden in Melbourne and we especially love having Brayden come home to visit us - when Jasper wakes up in the morning and realises Brayden is here he runs to hop in bed with him and give him his special cuddles! He is fascinated by Braydens 'pictures' (tattoos) and piercings. Jasper also loves his 'Zaci' so much and loves it when we pick him up from work so that he gets to give him a cuddle as well (and always says "I love you Zaci"). Zac and Jasper have developed their very own, personal, sort of 'greeting'!!! Almost like a secret handshake - but more like a secret cuddle!!!
6. Right from the moment Jasper came into our lives, I have loved the way that he is like the common link that joins us all together to make us a family - I really believe my boys see him that way as well. He is a very special, much loved and much wanted little boy and he is the common link in our family - our anchor.
7. I love the way Jasper loves licorice, just like I do! I have always loved licorice but even more so when I realised no one else in the family liked it (which meant I never had to share it)! Until Jasper came along that is!! He begs me for licorice every time we drive past our local shop! And if I dare to even take the tiniest bite off the end of his licorice strap - well, I am in big trouble!!!
8. Jasper looks so much like his father (appearance wise) that I so obviously did not get a look in! But Garth always says that Jasper might be him on the outside but is certainly me on the inside!!! I can see that and I do like it! He has a fiesty, bossy streak that I recognise in myself - moreso than in any of my other children - and I really love to see that in him!
9. Jasper is such a lovely, friendly, little kid. When we go through the Mc Donalds drive through he waves at the lady at each window (and gets quite offended if they don't wave back). At times he has such a lovely nature, so friendly and open. As a little baby he was quite shy and reserved around other people. I have really enjoyed seeing him open up and relax more around strangers. He has some really lovely social skills (for which I am so grateful).
10. I love to watch Jasper sleep - he is so beautiful. I love the way he sleeps on his tummy, as he has always done, and scrunches his body up so his cute little backside is sticking up in the air! I love the way he giggles and laughs in his sleep. I love watching him smile as he sleeps and wonder at what lovely thoughts he is having! I love the way that the very first thing he calls out in the morning, when he wakes, is 'mummy'! I feel priveliged and loved.
We all love this little boy so much, he has brought so much joy and love to our lives. How on earth could we even imagine life without him. God has sent him to us because he knows we are the best people to love, teach and care for this little treasure of a person.
No comments:
Post a Comment