I recently bought Jasper some new shoes - I could not find the slip-on Dunlop volleys he usually wears (easy and comfortable - Jasper is very funny about what goes on his feet) and the closest thing to it was a pair of Dunlop lace-ups (in gaudy fluoro green).
I had a quick look in Pumpkin Patch and found two other pairs more similar to the slip on style so grabbed them as well. I guess I should've known better than to buy three different pairs of shoes because it was inevitable he would form an obsessive attachment with one pair and steadfastly refuse to wear the others - which is exactly what happened!
Jasper absolutely ADORES his 'green shoes' (or running shoes as he also calls them). I tried hiding them in an attempt to get him to wear one of the other pairs - big mistake!! So green shoes it is! All the time, no matter what outfit he is wearing! Once he has his green shoes on he just runs!! We call him Forrest (as in Forrest Gump) as he runs back and forth saying 'watch me, watch me'.
So now I am thinking, to avert future drama, I probably need to buy another pair of green shoes in the next size up. Who knows how long this obsession will last!
No comments:
Post a Comment