Well, that didn't last long! Jasper is back to his 'very autistic best' this afternoon. Right now he is standing beside me banging his head into my arm, screaming repeatedly 'I want to watch Cars'. He has been so rowdy this afternoon that I put his Cars dvd on for him and asked him to have a rest (saying it was 'rest time'). He kept coming into the kitchen where I was busy, asking for 'milk' and 'morning tea' over and over. I kept saying 'rest time now, tea time next'.
To cut a long (and stressful) story short I have just turned off the dvd because he refuses to sit and watch it (but is screaming for it to go back on). I'm probably doing the wrong thing but I am tired and worn out and I have had enough. This whole routine thing takes so much patience and mental energy. I really hate these sorts of episodes, it will most likely just spiral out of control now till we get him into bed. Sometimes I would just like to have a nice quiet weekend to myself without having to abide by this strict routine, sometimes I would just like to do 'nothing at all'.
Jordy has taken matters into his own hands and placed Jasper in his cot - kicking and screaming. Jordy does not cope well when Jasper behaves like this.
Groan.....give me strength. I knew it was too good to be true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thats a scene that plays out here with my oldest :( I feel for you as i know the type of screaming you're talking about.
ReplyDelete