How can it be so hot and when is it going to end? The past 4 days have been unbearable (and the past three nights much worse)! I am sleep deprived and cranky, and finding it really difficult to cope with Jasper at the moment.
We slept in the lounge again last night and he again had a reasonable sleep but nowhere near the usual amount he seems to need. This morning I took him to Hungry Jacks for a play (they have the best air conditioning in Bendigo)!! I stupidly thought I might get 5 minutes peace - everytime another child came into the play area Jasper carried on and would cling to me, whinging, until they left. I tried to reassure him calmly that it was okay, the other children were just playing but he was getting completely worked up about it. Usually I am able to talk him around, he just needs that initial reassurance, but not this time!
This afternoon he re-discovered his Iggle Piggle dvd and it looked like I might get a little break - until I mentioned his Ninky Nonk (and then could only find one of the three pieces) but by then it was too late. He wanted his Ninky Nonk and he wanted it now. I searched his room for the other two pieces but couldn't find them. Meltdown......not what he wanted to hear!
He took himself off to his room, screaming for his Ninky Nonk and refused to come out. His room is like an oven and I don't want him in there while it is so hot - but he did manage to find one more of the pieces.
I asked him 'where did you find it', 'show me where it was' and rephrased it 20 different ways but he had no idea what I was saying (has never been great at pointing things out and showing where things are, if asked).
He eventually came out and resumed watching his dvd - minus one third of his Ninky Nonk. The crisis over as quickly as it began. Laying on the floor with 8 dummies lined up beside him with precision!
He is so hot and he flatly refuses to strip down to a nappy. He dislikes me wiping him over with a cool, wet washer and yet he is happy to sit in a near cold bath (and wading pool). He gets anxious before getting in, worried that the water is too hot, it takes a lot of coaxing to get him to dip his toe in to test the temperature. He is like that with food as well - very anxious if it feels or looks the slightest bit too warm.
Just back tracking - while we were playing at Hungry Jacks this morning, he walked up beside me and started licking my arm, Licking seems to be his latest thing at the moment.
I was hoping there might have been a suitable childrens movie showing at the cinema this afternoon so we could escape the heat there - unfortunately not. Only an hour and a bit till Garth gets home from work so I need to hang on till then. I feel like there is no reprieve from this and it really gets me down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment